The heart of Auckland yoga
We believe that everybody can benefit from the practice of yoga. In our light filled boutique studio, you will learn to balance your whole self through mindful movement practices.
It is the end of the year - prepare yourselves for a new year of positive transformation. Through various core stabilising and arm balancing yoga poses, you will learn how to strengthen the body and mind with a number of new ways of approaching some of the poses that might alreadybe in your regular practice. This workshop is designed to help you take your yoga practice to the next level, achieve the yoga goals that you might have set for yourself in 2017.
When speaking about flexibility, our fascia, the connective tissue that holds us together is in main focus. This doesn’t mean that muscles are no longer important, but it’s our fascia that is responsible for movement, stability and flexibility. You’ll be guided through the following:
– the 101 of fascia (beyond what you may already know through your yin or other teacher training modules)
– the myofascial meridians (Tom Myers) and their meaning and utilisation in your yoga class
– how to cue/teach myo-fascial awareness
– how to train fascia effectively and safely for hydration, elasticity and glide
– basic myo-fascial self-release techniques (are you still rolling your ITB?) for teachers and student adjustments
– a delicious fascia vinyasa flow